<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 20, 2004

The CT Department of Motor Vehicles failed miserably last week in making the roads a safer place. The Jeep was registered with ease. I even cut the whole line of about 60 people. I also put the top on this weekend with the help of my brother which made last night's snow storm bareable. It has some other kinks to work out but I don't really have much left to do with it at this point, except the exhaust. The exhaust is just two shitty bend-it-yourself pipes with cherry bomb mufflers that barely reach past the driver and passenger seats. It's really loud. It sets off car alarms if I accelerate hard enough while driving by parked cars. Yeehaw.

Thursday we had some gay Accenture holiday party. It was stupid. I drank two glasses of red wine and poked jest at the Accenture wives. The holiday spirit was quietly crushed by the "one day you could have all this (if you slave hard enough for us, muuahahaha)" miasma that permeated the mcmansion. People came back to my apartment for some more fun and then I made the mistake of staying up until 4 with Ben's law school buddies. Needless to say, I didn't make it into work the next day.

I spent the weekend up at Mount Snow again at Kevin's pad. Saturday was incredible. We were up for first chair and were on the slopes by 8:30. It was perfect corduroy over packed powder. That wonderful kinesthetic feeling of perfect carving was with me for most of the morning runs. It got crowded, skiied off, and icy towards the end of the day, but I was still out until after 3.

I met up with Steve, Kendra and Kirk at various times throughout the day. We all met up around 4 at Cuzzin's for some Apres Ski tallboys. Kevin's friends Matt and Katie were there as well. It was decided at Cuzzin's that everyone was going to stay the night at Kevin's. So...partytime, as if Thursday night with the coworkers wasn't enough for me. Steve, Kendra, Kirk and I eventually headed out to the Dover Bar and Grill (DBG) for food which took forever but was very rewarding. We then headed back to Kevin's and picked him up for a late night at Deacon's Den. They had an awesome band but no one was there because its still early in the season so it was kind of sad. We also ran into the Mount Snow resident snowboard pro, Marselle. He was a conceited dick, but fun to provoke. We stayed til the bar closed and quickly passed out back at Kevin's. I slept on a love seat and my back is still sore. Next time I'll bring the thermarest and sleeping bag just in case.

Happy Holidays.

Words of the Day
trilby - soft felt hat with indented crown (British)
outré - grossly unusual or unconventional: eccentric
thrall - the state of being under the control of another person: slavery
tawdry - tastelessly showy: garish
lascivious - driven by lust

Comments: Post a Comment


This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?