<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday (Dusseldorf->Bonn), 65mi
Another long day and crummy weather. Low morale today due to the weather and the industrial views of the Rhine (called the "unromantic" part of the Rhine in a guidebook I have). However, now that I’ve arrived here in Bonn, I feel much better. Bonn is a nice old town with a few ancient squares and a big university. I’m going to investigate it more tomorrow.

Anyway, I was going to stop in Koln (Cologne) for the night, but it was a big commercial city and wasn’t very interesting except for the largest Gothic cathedral in Germany. I ran inside and snapped a few photos. Some of them came out strange though – I think my camera might be on its last legs. Not much else to report.

Here are the photos:


The route. Interactive.


A street near where I stayed in Dusseldorf.


German engineering at its best. A bridge that floats when it floods!


I passed through Leverkusen which I think is the headquarters of Bayer.


Cheee-eeese. Sadly, I finished my last snack here in Leverkusen. The delicious Dutch Kloosterkaas.


The giant Koln cathedral from outside, across the river. It was huge.

Comments: Post a Comment


This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?