<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 12, 2007

Thursday (Xanten->Dusseldorf), 60mi
So, I’m starting to hit the populated, industrial part of the Rhine. I was going to stay in a place called Duisburg but it was pretty dirty, so I pressed on to Dusseldorf. The day started so misty I could barely see, but it cleared up and became a beautiful day. I mostly followed the Rhine, got lost in some farmer’s fields, and even made a friend for a little bit of the journey. I passed through one very nice river town called Kaiserswerth and took a couple of pictures there. Kaiserswerth had some more ruins of Barbarossa that I was pretty excited about. Again, no buried traayysure.


The route. Interactive.


A misty start.


My Heeed on the Rhine.


Crossing a farmer's fence.


Kaiserswerth path (with flood marker).


Up close of the flood marker.


More of Barbarossa's ruins.


My biking friend. He had shaved head except for one clump on the left side that you can sort of see. He also has a sweet plumber's crack.

Comments: Post a Comment


This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?