<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday (Karlsruhe->Strasbourg, France), 65mi

I'm actually sitting at a desk with wireless internet typing this! This is probably the nicest hostel I've ever been in. It's right in downtown Strasbourg (Ciarus - http://www.ciarus.com). It was just starting to drizzle a bit (I think my luck is up with the nice weather) and I was getting frustrated because I couldn't find the place, and then a sign for it appeared. I'm pretty excited it's so nice because last night I was stuck in a boiling hot room with two Turkish men, one of whom snored really loudly. I didn't sleep much, so this empty, clean room is much appreciated.

Today was another long one at 65 miles. I had a head wind most of the day which really sucked. It was mostly overcast and I could definitely see the front moving in. Luckily it never rained on me because that would make things miserable. I think tomorrow will be partly cloudy, but no rain. We shall see.

Not a whole lot to report otherwise. It was sort of a boring slog through small towns and long the canals. Strasbourg is certainly the most exciting thing of the day. Tomorrow I'll probably take some pictures as it's already getting dark here. The only other news (that you may have guessed) is that I've been biking in France all day! I passed over in just the first 15km or so of the journey. Here's the evidence:


The route and the interactive route.


Another ferried river crossing. These are pretty fun...


Hunh-hunh-hunh. I have infiltrated zee heavily-guardED French borDER.


The last of the sunny weather...


I had a little crash on this slippery granite curb. Not a big deal, but one of the trailer hitches popped off. The lady in the house behind the bike came out, gave me a dirty look, and then closed the brown gates to her driveway in my face. Screw you too!


A nice shot of some of the bike path through a park outside Strasbourg.

Comments: Post a Comment


This counter provided for free from HTMLcounter.com!
HTMLCounter.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?